1. First things first: Make an appointment with your stylist and chop off all the dry ends. Its time to start fresh. It could be that you may just need a little trim. From this moment on follow the next steps to maintaining it healthy throughout your engagement.
2. When you are styling with a hot tool make sure to use a good heat protector.
3. This may sound silly but an SPF to protect your hair from the sun and keeps your color rich. Kerastase soliel line offers great SPF protection. Lets keep those locks shiny. www.Kerastase-usa.com
4. I know, I know after a workout you feel like you must wash your hair. If you reduce the amount of washes you maintain those natural oils that naturally moisturize your fabulous locks. Instead use a good dry shampoo. According to Elle magazine and we seem to think so as well.. Oribe dry shampoo is one of the best. www.oribe.com
5. Brush your hair as often as possible. What you may not know is that is that brushing your hair helps to spread the natural oils your scalp produces, down to your ends, leaving them nice and moisturized. A boar bristle brush is recommended.
6. Now, your first initial cut was just a start don’t forget to book your next appointment. you need regular trims. Im sure your stylist always recommends this and its true. It keeps your hair looking healthy. Who want split ends anyway.
7. Maintaining means investing in great product. Trust me. Ask people with beautiful, healthy hair what they use..Chances are it’s not drugstore products. You have heard this before but you really do get what you pay for. Who doesn’t want beautiful hair?
8. If you are looking to grow your hair (which many brides are) Its time to take your vitamins Missy. Vitamin b12, iron, calcium and folic acid all play a huge role in healthy hair. Make sure to take them regularly.
9. Last but certainly not least…try to use your natural texture every now and then. This gives your hair a break and keeps it looking strong and shiny. For those of you with curls, curly hair and waves are fun too.