So you’ve chosen your groom and you’ve found the wedding dress of your dreams…now begins the endless search for that ideal bridal makeup look. It is completely understandable to want to capture that natural, flawless face on your wedding day; I mean this day is going down in history. However, there is no reason not to play with unique bridal makeup styles. Here are 8 wedding makeup ideas that will make you reconsider that ‘no-makeup’ makeup look on your wedding day:
1. We all know that it would be a dream come true to actually be well-rested on your wedding day; instead, don’t stress about missing out on your late night dreaming and grab a white eyeliner pencil. Lining the inner ‘v’ of your eye—the corner by your nose—with white eyeliner gives you that refreshed, wide-eyed bridal makeup look that would make your guests wish they slept as well as you. If only they knew…
2. A fundamental step in choosing any makeup style is to make sure the makeup color palette actually matches your skin tone. If you have a lighter skin tone, go with palettes that have more pale pinks, peaches, and nude shades. The darker your skin tone is, the more it can accommodate bright colors to make your wedding makeup pop and accentuate your features.
3. Creating a girly, but grown-up bridal makeup style is ideal for those with light, porcelain skin tones. Using pastel shades on your lid, cheek, and lip bring out a soft complexion and emanate that weightless, youthful wedding makeup look.
4. Striving for that grand entrance on your big day calls for a dramatic wedding makeup look. Especially if your dress is edgy, yet not too extravagant, using darker colors to create a shadowy smoky eye or a bold lip would be the perfect accessory to finish off that alternative wedding makeup style.
5. Everyone has seen the trendy smoky eye done with shades of black and grey, but how about we switch it up? If you want to create a bridal makeup look that is dramatic, but not so dark, use jewel tones like emerald or violet. You still get that stunning bridal style while also adding a pop of color to your wedding makeup.
6. Incorporating some fun colors into your wedding makeup is much easier than you may think. Yes—you can use blue, purple, and even orange! Add ‘something blue’ to your wedding makeup by incorporating it into your eye makeup; blue eyeliner or subtle blue shadow really creates a striking bridal look. A purple lip, such as a plum or wine shade, goes perfectly with a fall wedding and adds the finishing touch to an effortlessly elegant bridal style. A pastel orange can be used on fair-skinned brides as a blush shade or a lip tint to complete a delicate wedding makeup style.
7. Trending now is playing with metallic in your wedding makeup look; nothing too extreme though because we don’t want you to look like you covered yourself in glitter. Adding just a hint of metallic makeup, such as metallic eyeliner, will give your bridal look a little extra shine.
8. Last but not least, choose a wedding makeup look that makes you the most comfortable! This day is definitely not the day for you to feel self-conscious about your makeup decisions. Make sure to do makeup trials to ensure you and your wedding makeup stylists are on the same page when it comes to your vision for your wedding day look.
There you have it—8 tips to make you look and feel like a million bucks on your wedding day. Now you’ve got your husband-to-be, the dress of your dreams, and the confidence to walk down that aisle and say ‘eye’ do!